Sunday, June 5, 2011

Rolo McFlurry


Last Monday morning, I was in the area of McDonalds in the morning. I couldn't resist grabbing a couple of those $1.00 sausage biscuits. As I looked at the menu board while placing my order, I noticed something I'd never seen before. There was an advertisement for a Rolo McFlurry. Rolos are in my top five all time favorite candy's. They are not readily available which is probably a good thing for me. I immediately started singing this of course.

I will admit that I have never had a McFlurry in all my visits to McDonalds. I tend to lean toward getting either a chocolate milkshake or a chocolate sundae. I favor a chocolate chip or Midnite Truffle blizzard at DQ for my mixed ice cream and candy treat. I told Josh about it and he wanted one. After he went to the summer youth series, he went to the Mayfield DQ. He said it was disappointing. All he got was chocolate and caramel mixed with soft serve in a cup. I was heartbroken. He recommended I try one myself and see what I thought.

So today on the way home from church, I stopped by the Paducah Jackson Street McDonalds. I went in to order so I could watch it being made. I could see the young lady scooping what looked like chunks of Rolo into the cup! She doused it with a large shot of chocolate syrup and gave it to me. It was really good! There were large chunks of Rolo in it and it tasted great. I couldn't put it down long enough to pump gas at Supervalu on the way home. Donna was laughing at me as I came in the door. She saw me shoveling Rolo McFlurry in as I pumped gas.

If you can get a correctly made one, I'd heartily recommend it. It's a good thing for my sake they are only available "for a limited time only".

No comments: