Saturday, March 14, 2009

When the going gets tough..

Today was a day I had to gird up my loins for a very difficult task. It's something I just do not like to do something I'd rather just about do anything else than. Today I went SHOPPING....

I was in the process of packing for what is hopefully my last business training trip for quite some time. I was packing running shorts and noted that most of the pair I have are pretty much non-wearable. So, I would have to go a place I really do not like to go - the MALL.

When I got to buy something, I generally know exactly what I want, exactly what it costs, and where its located. This way I can get in and out relatively painlessly. When Donna occasionally sends me to the store to buy something, she tells me exactly what it costs and where its located. I agreed to go to "Super Saturday" at Supervalu today. She actually cut out the items she wanted out of the ad and sent them with me.

Donna told me that Sears was having its "Door Buster" sale and would be opening early for that. When I got there, I begin to think I'd sneaked in early because there was hardly anybody in there. I found some shorts I liked at a good price but went ahead and steeled myself to look around.

I went down to the other end of the mall to JC Penney's. They had some shorts I liked so I picked out a couple of pair to buy. It took me a good five minutes to find an open register to pay for them at. I was almost put them back.

Going back, Kandy Kraze was calling to me. "Stuart, you haven't had any chocolate stars in forever". "Come back to me". Chocolate stars (for those who don't know) are just about the best chocolate candy on earth. I got turned onto them when I was a child. That was back when Sears was "the store" in Paducah. They had a candy counter that we'd always visit when there. I would get chocolate stars. They used to sell bags of them at Wal-Mart but fortunately for my waistline they stopped.

I checked in the "sports speciality" stores on the way back to Sears but they were way overpriced. I ended up buying one more pair at Sears and I was done.

To be honest, the only reason I really ever like going to the mall is to get big cookies for special occasions from "The Great American Cookie Company" or to go to "Chick-Fil-A". Chick-Fil-A, if you are listening out there, you'd get a lot more of the Yancy business if you'd ever open that long rumored store OUTSIDE of the mall...

I survived it...

No comments: