Saturday, March 7, 2009

Westkentuckystar.com

I've found a web site that provides local news better than the other local media websites. Our local newspaper requires that you pay to access their site (one of the few I am aware of that still does this). The local TV station doesn't seem to update theirs with regularity. The site I use now is www.westkentuckystar.com. It is done by Bristol Broadcasting (who owns several radio stations in this area). I went to school with Donna Groves (the news director there) and have always found her to do a a really good job in getting information out quickly and most importantly accurately.

One feature of the site I especially like is the alerts section. You can be alerted via email on School Closings, Breaking News, Weather Alerts, and Traffic. The latter has already helped me to avoid a problem coming home via the Interstate on a business trip.

I'd recommend you take a look.

No comments: