Thursday, March 5, 2009

Two Tickets to Paradise..

I cannot bring myself to blog about the sad state of UK bball right now, so I'll go with a different topic.

I've been a Cardinals baseball fan since I was 12 years old. I remember that 1974 season vividly. Lou Brock stole 118 bases to shatter Maury Wills record of 104. The Cardinals came down to the last day and lost the NL East to the Pirates. The Cubs choked away a game with the Pirates that would have allowed the Cardinals to play for a tie (this started my long standing dislike of them of course).

I try to go to a game or two every year. The last few years I've resorted to Ebay to get any kind of decent tickets. A couple of days ago I got an email offering me the chance to buy tickets a day before others since I was member of the Cardinal email club. I've tried this before and the good seats are already gone. I took a shot at it today. I was amazed when I managed to get field boxes behind home plate for two games in June. Getting multiple field boxes for a game is usually almost impossible without buying on the resale market. I am not sure whether to attribute this to the lack of confidence of Cardinal fans about the upcoming season or the fear of the "weak" economy. The latter is my guess.

I also bought tickets to see the Yankees play at Kansas City next month. The things a dad has to do for his sons...

No comments: