Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Where has all the time gone?

My younger son Josh is 17 years old today. He's starting his senior year at Ballard Memorial tomorrow.

It seems like yesterday when he was born. I remember distinctly him being born during Wheel of Fortune. Dr Owens made the nurse turn off the TV just before the Big Bonus puzzle came up. I never did find out what it was :-)

We've done a lot together. From T-ball, church youth camp, baseball, all kinds of church activities, multiple trips to Myrtle Beach, Cardinal ballgames, soccer, tennis, cross country, track, Academic Team and I haven't even scratched the surface.

We have really good talks about religion, morality, economics/finance, and politics. We agree on most of this stuff (we are both conservatives), but he always comes up with good points that make me think.

He says he is going to major in computer science (despite my best efforts to stop him). He says is he going to win the big UK scholarship and go away next year. I missed him enough for 5 weeks of Governor's Scholar, I can't imagine longer than that.

I wouldn't trade either of my sons or our time together for anything. They've both grown into fine young Christian men with my assistance (or despite it). I am thankful to God for blessing me with both of them.

No comments: