Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Awesome Blossom is gone!!!

My son and I went to Chili's while in Louisville. We wanted to get our usual appetizer of an Awesome Blossom. We scanned the menu and it was GONE! I asked our waitress and she confirmed it was no longer available.

I have searched the online menus at several of the Chili's I've gone to and there is no sign of it. From what I can tell in searching the web, it's been removed. Next thing you know, they'll be getting rid of the molten chocolate cake.

Yes, I realize it has a lot of calories and fat. I had one about once every six months and generally split it. I think I can handle that every once in a while. I exercise regularly and generally watch what I eat. I don't think an occasional splurge hurts.

I'll be OK eventually :-)

Wonder what Michael Scott thinks?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had the same thing happen to us yesterday... It was listed as the worst thing you could possibly eat at any restaurant...sooo..Its a good thing...however, if you must have something similar, Outback has a similar item! EAT UP!!

Stuart Yancy said...

I don't think the Bloomin' Onion is quite as good (IMHO). It has a slightly different taste and dipping sauce. I think Outback's fries with Cheese and Bacon are now at the top of the "worst things" list.

I've seen similar items at Longhorn Steak and Texas Roadhouse. I've not tried them yet, I don't know if I could handle the disappointment.