Friday, August 22, 2008

Staying at the Hamptons

No, I am not talking about these Hamptons.

Between visits to Danville to see Josh, Louisville to take Jonathan to Dairy Judging at the State Fair and Nashville with my mom's operation, I've had five separate stays at various Hampton Inns in the past couple of months. Each stay has been really good. I've found that I always get a clean room with a nice bed, cable TV with a lot of channels, and an expanded contenential breakfast. The staff is always very friendly. The people behind the check-in desk are especially nice. In Louisville, I forgot my tootbrush and the lady working the desk (Lisa) gave me a free one with free toothpaste. She was from Ballard County originally (Kevil) so that helps explain her hospitality. In Nashville, Applebees didn't give me spoons for the to-go desserts we ordered (a must for a Triple Chocolate meltdown). Jennifer graciously helped me get spoons from storage even though they were really for breakfast.

Hampton Inn has moved into my top hotels list. My other two top choices are Drury Inns and Homewood Suites.

I plan to post an entry sometime about my likes and dislikes of the various hotel chains I've frequented in my stays.

No comments: