Thursday, September 3, 2009

Delta Gone....Hello United?


In the continuing saga of who will be the carrier at Barkley Regional Airport here (or if we'll even have one), a new development has sprung up. When bids were opened yesterday, United put in a bid to have twice daily service from Paducah to Chicago's O'Hare Airport. Not only that, but their cost would be almost half of what Delta's bidding to charge the government.

I'm torn. O'hare would have many more connections. I'd even consider flying to Chicago instead of driving (since it's direct). On the other side, I'd hate to see Northwest/Delta employees lose jobs here. I've become very acquainted with the Memphis Airport. I know where the best places for food are and where the restrooms are. I know Donna will miss my singing "Walking in Memphis" every time I have a flight into that airport.

Stay tuned...

No comments: