Saturday, August 29, 2009

Atlanta...

I spent the last week at training in Atlanta. It was about as calm and uneventful of a work trip as I ever been on. The class was good (but a lot of material). The drive down was fine. I stayed in a very nice hotel (the Embassy Suites Perimeter). I had good meals every night. I went to Wednesday Bible Study at Chestnut Drive church of Christ. I came home Saturday and the only issue I had was in Nashville. For some reason, I-24 was closed at I-440. I went around that to I-65 and picked up I-24 again to home.

The only thing that really happened of note was at breakfast one morning. At the Embassy Suites, they will cook you eggs to order, pancakes or omelets. I generally got a couple of eggs over easy. To save time, I would drop a couple of slices of bread in the toaster (it was one of those rotating belt toasters where you put the toast in the top and it comes out the bottom) and make my order. As I was waiting to get my plate of eggs, I saw an older couple just grab my freshly made toast and walk off. I wanted to yell "Hey, you stole my toast". Instead I just laughed to myself and went over and toasted a couple more pieces of bread.

No comments: