Monday, February 9, 2009

Home...

First, sorry about the lack of posts. Internet access hasn't been easy to come by..

We finally left the Drury Sunday morning. After church, the boys went to stay with my parents (they had power). Donna went with me to Nashville (I had a training class the first three days of the week).

I was able to stay in a very nice hotel (Doubletree Suites Airport) at a reasonable price. However, this marked more than seven days I'd been in a hotel which meant I was a bit tired of being in one. Jonathan and Josh made daily visits to our house to monitor things and feed the cats. We got a call from Josh Wednesday morning saying we finally had power!

Donna and I were talking while driving back from Nashville Wednesday afternoon. We'd stayed in a couple of of nice hotels and been treated very well at both. However, there is nothing like being able to be in your home. Of course, we thought of this song.

This world is not my home, I'm just a-passing through.
My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue.
The angels beckon me from Heaven's open door
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore.


We have many enjoyable experiences here on earth. But as Christians, we look forward to being able to be in our heavenly home. John 14.2 is a comfort when things seem bleak.

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you

There are still a lot of people here without power. The Cherokee subdivision just got power and my in-laws finally got power last night. There is a lot of cleanup to be done. I've heard numerous visiting lineman say they've never seen anything to compare with what has happened here. Continue to keep us in your prayers.

1 comment:

IRgEEK said...

Hang in there bro. We r thinking of u!